SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Sol Group of Companies will use your personal information for the purposes set out below in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), where applicable, and other relevant laws:
- To manage your business relationship with us, fulfill your request, provide you with the information you requested, provide our products and services, operate, evaluate, and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our products, services, websites; managing our communications; analyzing our products and services; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions); perform data analyses (including anonymization and aggregation of personal information), protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities and enforce relevant industry standards, and our policies, or meet our legal obligations, such as to comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements. Personal information we collect for these purposes might include your name, e-mail address, title, occupation, company, industry, region/country, relationship to individual SOL companies, reason for contacting Sol.
- For the purposes above, we process your personal information for the fulfillment of contractual obligations (Article 6 (1b) GDPR), on the basis of legal requirements (Article 6 (1c) GDPR) and for the purposes of legitimate interests of Sol Group of Companies (Article 6 (1f) GDPR).
- We will delete your personal information as soon as it is no longer needed for the specific purpose. We are required to retain business and commercial documentation and other tax-relevant documents in order to fulfill our commercial and tax law archiving obligations. Retention periods are determined by the applicable laws. In particular, we collect:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, such as your first name and surname, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, username, and password;
- Transaction information you provide when you request information, contact customer care, or purchase/sales team such as your postal address, telephone number, and payment information;
- Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post, or similar functionality, where we are permitted by applicable law to collect this information;
- Location information, including location information provided by a mobile or other device interacting with our website or physical properties or associated with your IP address or other online or device identifier, where we are permitted by law to process this information;
- Activity information about your use, and the use by any person(s) you authorize through your account, of our website, such as the content you view or post, how often you use our services, and your preferences;
- Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you visit our website or open emails we send, or connect with our wireless Internet access services and other similar technologies, including your browser or device type, unique device identifier, and IP address;
- Still or video images captured by cameras or readers on or around our physical properties; and
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
- We collect information you provide to us when you request or purchase products, or information from us, register with us (including when you link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account), participate in other activities on our website, respond to customer surveys, visit our physical properties, call our customer care number or other customer services phone numbers, or otherwise interact with us using one or more devices. You may provide information in a variety of ways, including by typing or using voice commands.
- We collect information through a variety of technologies when you visit our website.
- We collect information using analytics tools, including when you visit our website or use our website on third-party sites or platforms.
- We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically, such as when we validate postal address information using third party services. Applicable law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION BY THE SOL GROUP OF COMPANIES
The Independent entity of Sol Group of Companies that is the data controller for your information is responsible for and may use your information for the purposes described in this policy. Other Independent members/Entities of Sol Group of Companies may access your information where they perform services on behalf of their individual entity for the purposes described in this policy. Consistent with applicable law and choices and controls that may be available to you, we may use information collected from you, or from devices associated with you, to:
- Provide you with the experiences, products, and services you request, view, engage with, or purchase or sell;
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information or request feedback about features on our website or changes to our policies;
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services;
- Personalize content and experiences;
- Provide you with targeted advertising based on your activity on our website and on third-party sites and applications;
- To learn more about how we use your information for personalization and tracking.
- Operate, understand, optimize, develop, or improve our website, services and operations, including by using customer survey research and analytics tools; and
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies, pose safety issues, or be fraudulent or illegal; and
- Notify you of product recalls or safety issues.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHER ENTITIES
We will not share your personal information with a third party outside Sol Group of Companies except in limited circumstances, including:
- When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, by electing to share your personal information with carefully selected companies so that they can send you offers about their products;
- When you direct us to share your personal information with another company to fulfill your request, such as: When you close a deal with us that include services provided by third-party partners, such as logistics companies, airlines, ground transportation providers;
- Please note that once we share your personal information with another company in the above circumstances, the information received by the other company is controlled by that company and becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
YOUR CONTROLS AND CHOICES
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with applicable law, your controls and choices may include:
- Correcting, updating, and deleting your registration account (Logout);
- Choosing or changing your choices for newsletters, and alerts;
- Choosing whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products or products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- Choosing whether we share your personal information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services;
- Requesting removal of your personal information from a public forum on our website; and
- Requesting access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it.
- You may exercise these controls and choices in various ways, including by visiting contact us or contacting customer care.
Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain experiences, products, and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If collection of personal information is mandatory, we will make that clear at the point of collection so that you can make an informed decision whether to participate. If you have questions about the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, and your rights regarding that personal information, please contact customer support.
DATA SECURITY, INTEGRITY, AND RETENTION
DATA TRANSFERS, STORAGE, AND PROCESSING GLOBALLY
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS’ RIGHTS
- Right to Access: If you are a California resident, you have the right to request, up to two times each year, access to categories and specific pieces of personal information about you that we collect, use, disclose, and sell.
- Right to Delete: If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that we delete personal information that we collect from you, subject to applicable legal exceptions.
What are your data protection rights?
To the extent, the EU General Data Protection Regulation, which came into force on 25 May 2018, applies to the processing of your personal information you have the following rights and choices: Sol Group of Companies is committed to ensuring fair and transparent processing. That is why it is important to us that data subjects can not only exercise their right to object but also the following rights where the respective legal requirements are satisfied:
Right to information, Art. 15 of the GDPR
Right to correction, Art. 16 of the GDPR
Right to deletion (“Right to be forgotten”), Art. 17 of the GDPR
Right to limit processing, Art. 18 of the GDPR
Right to data transmissibility, Art. 20 of the GDPR
Right to object, Art. 21 of the GDPR
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR in combination with Section 19 GDPR.
Information about your right to object pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your personal information based on Article 6 (1) (e) or (f) of the GDPR.
The controller shall no longer process the personal information that relates to you unless the controller demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Where personal information that relates to you is processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal information for such marketing purposes, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing.
Where you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal information that relates to you shall no longer be processed for such purposes.
You have the option of exercising your right of objection in connection with the use of the services of the information company using an automated procedure – notwithstanding Directive 2002/58/EC—in which technical specifications are used.
How to Contact Us
If you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may write to:
Sol Group of Companies
Attn: Legal Department